Thursday, April 19, 2012

P is for Paradisiacal

Since I was having a hard time coming up with a word that really spoke to me and inspired me to write, I decided to look up a new word and came across...

Paradisiacal. adverb: suggestive of a place or state of perfect bliss.

Ever had one of those moments? Where everything seems to be exactly as it should be in that moment? Where, just for that second, everything is perfect?

I have.

It often happens when I'm on a hiking trail somewhere in the Rocky Mountains. Usually, I'm surrounded by green, there are wildflowers and aspen. Sometimes there's a light breeze that causes the leaves to shimmer and dance. And other times, there's a lake and I'm sitting on a rock... just breathing. Then there's moments when I'm glazing up at a mountain peak that seems unimaginably high and I think, "wow! There is so much that's greater than myself."

Lake Dillon, Colorado - April 2012


Other perfect moments have involved listening to music. I'll be lying on my couch and a certain song will come on that simply speaks to me in that moment and I think, "can my life get any better than this moment? It would simply not be possible."

Silence has also brought me to that state of sheer bliss. One memory in particular - I had just come home from a hike and my dog, Bailey, was sleeping on one end of the couch and I was reading on the other. I was enjoying my book immensely and everything was so quiet. I had the windows open and it was one of those perfect Colorado days in May; warm but not hot and there was a breeze blowing through the living room. I had no responsibilities and no decisions that I had to make. I remember thinking, "my life is absolutely perfect, just as it is, right now."

Laughing with friends or having a deep conversations will bring my soul to a place of awe and wonder and I think that I'm so incredibly lucky to have the people in my life that I do. They are sheer bliss.

Lightening and thunder storms cause a different sort of bliss. This feeling energizes me and causes my adrenaline to rush through my body. It reminds me of the power of Mother Nature and how awesome she is. And how awesome life is.

No comments:

Post a Comment