Tuesday, April 17, 2012

H is for Highlighters

I have a confession. I have a secret fetish for office supplies. I love them!! I have been known to wander through an Office Depot while desperately attempting to convince myself that I absolutely do not need that paper cutter or that collection of pens... or jeez... that spiral binder that I'll use three times before I decide I need another one.

I am a pen snob. It's RSVP for me all the way, baby!! Even though my rational mind understands that there are thousands, if not millions, of them out there, I can't help but think whenever I see someone with them, "Dude! Is that my pen? Did you totally steal my pen?!?"

Oh... and don't get me started on highlighters. It does not help my case that I'm totally a visual learner! It's colors, colors, colors for me! At work, I've assigned a treatment to a color so that I'll know at a glance what I need to do on whom. It's terrible... it's obsessive.

Speaking of work, when I was in corporate America, I'd find the newest supply that I could (say... a stapler) and then I'd take a white label and neatly write my name it, then I'd tape it to the object. Then, if anyone took "my" supply, I'd know and could take it back!

Yup, it's a sickness!

So shhhh... please don't tell. If you'll keep my secret, I promise to share a pen with you. In the meantime, I'm looking for a support group. <wink>

No comments:

Post a Comment